- Bonds, M., Garchitorena, A., Cordier, L., Miller, A. C., McCarty, M., Andriamihaja, B., … & Rich, M, 2017. “Advancing A Science For Sustaining Health: Establishing A Model Health District in Madagascar,” in review (pre-print: BioRxiv, 141549).
- Tesla B, Demakovsky LR, Mordecai EA, Bonds MH, Ngonghala CN, Brindley MA, et al. “Impacts of temperature on Zika virus transmission potential: combining empirical and mechanistic modeling approaches,” submitted (pre-print: bioRxiv. 2018)
- Garchitorena, et al, 2018, “Early changes in intervention coverage and mortality rates following the implementation of an integrated health system intervention in Madagascar: a cohort study,” in review.
- Giordano, R. et al, 2018, “High Rates of Shigella-Associated Antibiotic Resistance in Rural, Forested Madagascar,” Trans R Soc Trop Med Hyg, in revision.
- Miller et al. 2018, “Cohort Profile: Ifanadiana Health Outcomes and Prosperity longitudinal Evaluation (IHOPE)”, in review.
- McCuskee, S. et al. 2018. “Child malnutrition in Ifanadiana district, Madagascar: associated factors, timing of growth faltering, and rationale for a health system strengthening approach,” Global Health Action, in press.
- Thomson, D., et al 2018. “Catching up to a fast-moving target: Evaluation of a health system strengthening intervention in rural Rwanda 2005-2010 using data from repeated cross-sectional surveys”. “ BMJ Global Health, in press (pre-print: bioRxiv, 238543).
- Bonds, MH, Garchitorena, A., Farmer, PE, Murray, MB, “Ecology of poverty, disease, and health care delivery: Lessons for Planetary Health,” in Ecology and Evolution for the Control of Infectious Diseases in Low Income Countries: Broadening the Scope of Public Health eds Roche, Broutin, Guegan. Oxford University Press, in press.
- Garchitorena, A, Bonds, MH., Ngonghala, Guegan, JF, Roche, B. “Interactions between ecological and socio-economic drivers of Buruli ulcer burden in sub-Saharan Africa: Opportunities for improved control,” in Ecology and Evolution for the Control of Infectious Diseases in Low Income Countries: Broadening the Scope of Public Health eds Roche, Broutin, Guegan. Oxford University Press, in press.
- Tesla, B., Demakovsky, L.R., Packiam, H.S., Mordecai, E.A., Rodriguez, A.D., Bonds, M.H., Brindley, M.A. and Murdock, C.C., 2017. Estimating the effects of variation in viremia on mosquito susceptibility, infectiousness, and R0 of Zika in Aedes aegypti. (pre-print: bioRxiv, 221572), PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases in revision.
- Bonds MH, Ouenzar MA, Garchitorena A, Cordier L, McCarty MG, Rich RL, Andriamihaja B, Haruna J, Farmer P. 2018, “Madagascar can build stronger health systems to fight plague and prevent the next epidemic,” PLOS Neglected Tropical Diseases, 12(1): e0006131.
- Ngonghala, C.N., De Leo, G., Pascual, M., , Keenan, D.C., Dobson, A. and M.H. Bonds 2017. “General Ecological Models For Human Subsistence, Health, and Poverty,” Nature Ecology & Evolution, DOI:10.1038/s41559-017-0221-8. [Supplemental Information] Synopsis in Nature Ecology & Evolution.
- Brummitt, C., Huremovic, K., Pin, P., Bonds, MH, and Vega Redondo, F, 2017. “Contagious Disruptions and Complexity Traps in Economic Development,” Nature Human Behaviour, doi:10.1038/s41562-017-0190-6.
- Garchitorena, A., et al. 2017. “In Madagascar, Use of Health Care Services Increased When Fees Were Removed: Lesson for Universal Health Coverage,” Health Affairs, 36: 1443-1451 .
- Miller, A.C., Ramananjato, R.H., Garchitorena, A., Rabeza, V.R., Gikic, D., Cripps, A., Cordier, L., Rahaniraka Razanadrakato, H.T., Randriamanambintsoa, M., Hall, L., Murray, M., Razanavololo, F.S., Rich, M.L., Bonds, M.H., 2017. “Baseline population health conditions ahead of a health system strengthening program in rural Madagascar” Global Health Action 10: 1329961.
- Garchitorena, A. et al 2017 “Disease Ecology, Health and Environment: a framework to account for ecological and socio-economic feedbacks in the control of Neglected Tropical Diseases,” Phil Trans Roy Soc 372.1722 (2017).
- De Leo, Giulio A., et al. “A novel framework to account for ecological drivers in the control and elimination of environmentally transmitted disease: a modelling study.” The Lancet 389 (2017): S5.
- Garchitorena, A., Bonds, M.H., Ngonghala, C.N., Guégan, J.F. and Roche, B., 2017. Modelling ecological and socioeconomic feedbacks of Buruli ulcer in sub-Saharan Africa: results from a field study in Cameroon. The Lancet, 389, p.S9.
- Odone, A., et al, 2016 “Acquired and transmitted drug resistant tuberculosis: the role of social determinants,” PLoS ONE 11(1):e0146642
- Garchitorena, A., Ngonghala, C.N., Texier, G., Landier, J., Eyangoh, S., Bonds, M.H., Guegan J- F., Roche, B. 2015 “Modeling environmental and water bug transmission dynamics of Mycobacterium ulcerans in Buruli ulcer endemic regions.” Scientific Reports, 5:18055.
- Rist CL, Ngonghala CN, Garchitorena AS, Naharimahefa A, Brook C., Miller AM, Ramananjato RH, Rabeza RV, Randrianarivelojosia M, Wright PC, Gillespie TR, Bonds MH. 2015 “Modeling the Economic Burden of Livestock Disease in the Ifanadiana District of Madagascar” One Health, 1:60-65.
- Garchitorena, A., Ngonghala, C.N., Guegan J-F, Texier, G., Bellanger, M. Bonds, M.H. Roche, B. 2015. “Economic inequality caused from feedbacks between poverty and the emergence of a rare neglected tropical disease: the case of Buruli Ulcer,” Proc Roy Soc B 282:20151426.
- Rist CL, Ngonghala CN, Garchitorena AS, Gillespie TR, Bonds MH. 2015 “The burden of livestock diseases on the poor” Trends in Parasitology. 31:527-530.
- Binagwaho, A. et al. 2014. “Rwanda twenty years on: investing in life” Lancet. 384:371-375. doi:10.1016/S0140-6736(14)60574-2.
- Ivers, L C., Teng, J E., Jerome, J G., Bonds, M.H., Freedberg, K. A., Franke, M. 2014. “A randomized trial comparing ready-to-use-supplementary food and corn-soy-blend as food rations for HIV-infected adults on antiretroviral therapy in rural Haiti.” Clinical Infectious Diseases, 59:1176 doi: 10.1093/cid/ciu028.
- Ngonghala*, C.N., Plucinski, M., Murray, M.B., Farmer, P., Barrett, C., Keenan, D.C. and M.H. Bonds*, 2014. “Poverty, disease, and the ecology of complex systems,” PLOS Biology, 12:e1001827.
- Golden, C.D. Bonds, M.H., Brashares, J.S., Rasolofoniaina, B.J.R., and C. Kremen, 2014. “An economic valuation of the subsistence harvest of wildlife in Madagascar,” Conservation Biology, 28:234-243.
- Plucinski, M., Ngonghala, C.N., Getz, W. and M.H. Bonds, 2013. “Clusters of poverty and disease emerge from feedbacks on an epidemiological network,” Journal of the Royal Society Interface, 10:20120656.
- Bonds, M.H., Dobson, A. F. and D.C. Keenan. 2012. “Disease ecology, biodiversity and the latitudinal gradient in income,” PLOS Biology 10: e1001456. (F1000) Synopsis in PLoS Biology. Reprinted in the Tenth Anniversary PLOS Biology Collection, eds Robert R.G. and Alfred, J. 2013 11(10): e1001688.
- Dhillon, R., Bonds, M.H., Fraden, M., Ndahiro, D., Josh Ruxin. 2012. “The impact of removing financial barriers on utilization of a primary care facility in Rwanda.” Global Public Health, 7:71- 86.
- Plucinski*, M., Ngonghala*, C.N., and M.H. Bonds*, 2011. “Health safety nets break cycles of poverty and disease: a stochastic ecological model.” Journal of the Royal Society Interface 8:1796-1803.
- Bonds, M.H., D.C. Keenan, P. Rohani, and J. D. Sachs. 2010. “Poverty trap formed by the ecology of infectious diseases,” Proceedings of the Royal Society of London, Series B, 277:1185- 1192.
- Bonds, M.H., and P. Rohani. 2010. “Herd immunity acquired indirectly from interactions between the ecology of infectious diseases, demography, and economics,” Journal of the Royal Society Interface, 7:541-547.
- Bonds, M.H. and D.R. Hughes. 2007. “On the productivity of public forests: a stochastic frontier analysis of school trust timber production,” Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics 55: 171- 183.
- Bonds, M.H. 2006. “Host life-history strategy explains pathogen-induced sterility,” The American Naturalist 168: 433-444.
- Bonds, M.H., D.C. Keenan, Leidner, A., and P. Rohani. 2005. “Higher disease prevalence can induce greater sociality; a game theoretic coevolutionary model,” Evolution 59(9): 1859-1866.
- Bonds, M.H. and J. Pompe. 2005. “Improving institutional incentives for public land management; an econometric analysis of school trust land leases,” Journal of Institutional Economics 1(2): 193-215.
- Bonds, M.H. and J. Pompe. 2003. “Calculating wetland mitigation banking credits; adjusting for function and location,” Natural Resources Journal 43(4): 961-977.